Friday, February 29, 2008

The E and W-Ring

I was reading some wedding magazines yesterday, pages and pages of rings appeared to show bride and groom-to-be to find the perfect ring! :) (There are so many different cuts and shapes that people can study to whole day!!) Anyway, today I'm not going to talk about how to find the perfect ring or the cuts and shapes of the ring...

While I was flipping the magazines, that reminded me something that I must do to remind my brides on the wedding day! And this may be a good information for you to know before the wedding~ "Is the correct way to put your E-ring and Wedding ring!" (I'll use E-ring = Engagement ring and W-ring = Wedding ring)

Some people put it on their right hand, some on left; or they put their E-ring first then W-ring. So which way is correct?

Every time, before the ceremony, I always remind my bride, put your E-ring on your right hand so that you can save room for the W-ring on the left hand. Why? This way, there's no need to take off your E-ring, and at the same time you can show the sparkling diamond in the photos. After you have exchanged the wedding ring, and after the ceremony, you can easily slide the E-ring back to your left hand and FYI, the reason why putting the W-ring first then E-ring is because the W-ring will always be close to your heart :) As well as while you are sitting at the reception, your husband will always be holding your hand with your rings on~ I think this is very sweet and really show the meaning of the two rings.

Hope this is an informational session for you today. :D

It's Friday and the sun is out!! Hope everyone will enjoy the last day of February~
Amy

No comments: