Monday, March 17, 2008

Napa Getaway~


Yup! I got escaped from my desk to the Napa Valley this past Friday. :) The weather was funny that it's been sparkling on and off the drive. BUT....it's good to get away, see some new things, and of course to meet some new people and places.

Well, Napa is not new to me; however, my first stop - Calistoga is. Drove all the way down highway 29 to Calistoga and visit a new place (to me :P) "Calistoga Ranch". This estate gave me a very comfortable and peace once I stepped out of my car. A very out in the nature, quiet, and beautiful places. Not to mention that it's a great location for wedding, it's really a good place for vacation just to stay on this estate. All guests rooms are individual buildings where people can have 100% of privacy. Here is a photo for one of their wedding locations:


Since the weather wasn't too good to show in photo, I decided to use some of my shoot from my last visit....and here's one....great clear sky~

Tra Vigne....the restaurant we went for lunch. This is my second time to the restaurant. I love their food!! I think this will be one of the must go restaurants that I will return whenever I visit Napa. :P

grilled Flat Iron Steak, five peppercorn sauce, arugula, fingerling potatoes, chanterelle mushrooms. Very juicy and tender! I love the sauce which is not too strong to cover the original taste of the steak! Sorry I only took a picture of one of the entree that we order.....because they were too good! Can't wait to taste the first bite...heh~

This is actually taken at my last visit. Since we didn't order any dessert this time...here you go for this delicious vanilla bean gelato :)

Copia--the last stop of our Napa Getaway. This is the American Center For Wine Food & the Arts. Inside you can have numbers of different wine tasting, history of the wine making in different States, and of course, the food history not to forget. They have a decent garden where you can see different plants and different vegetables they growth. I'm guessing they use it in the restaurant.....

Oh..o...if you are a chocolate lover, there's a homemade chocolate store that you must go if you ever go to Napa!!! It's the called the "Woodhouse Chocolate". I think it's a good idea for wedding favor if you are thinking of having chocolate as your favor. It's something special that you can't find it elsewhere.

Haha...all the sudden, this became a travel blog....
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: