Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sending Out Invitation

I was assisting my client to send out invitation these days and a question popped up. I thought it would be good to share with you all so when it's your turn, you'll know what to do. :)

Q: How should I address the mailing label if I'm inviting the whole family?
A: For example, if you want to invite your Uncle and his family, simply put, Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and family. List clearly if you are inviting the whole family (meaning children are invited), only the parent, or only that particular person in that family is invited. If you are inviting a family and one of the parent is deceased, you may want to put, for example, if only your aunt and family, it would be Mrs. Mary Smith and family.

It's much easy nowadays that we can stick a label or write the name on the envelope. I still remember when I was little kid, I saw my parent's name was handwriting inside the invitation. And you can see people back then will need to write on each of the invitation and match with the right envelope.

No comments: