Monday, June 23, 2008

Simply and Unique

Happy Monday!! I hope everyone has a great HOT weekend and ready for the new week!!

Today's topic, 'simply and unique'. So glad I can finally do this post after received the photos from the pro! heh~ Thank you Gene Higa from Gene Higa Photography, the 'Top 10 Wedding Photographers In The World', provided all the photos for today's post. I had a great fun time working with him and his day of 2nd photographer (aka a popular wedding photographer in the city), Ann Hamilton from Ann Hamilton Photographer.

Color is always the most first thing I will ask my brides during the initial consultation. Through knowing their color, I can then visualize how the wedding will look like and their style. Everyone has different taste and style. Some may have cheerful colors and some may only have 1 or 2 to play with. Overall, pick your favorite color because it's your wedding! :)

And the photos I want to show you today is from my May wedding. The color scheme is based on: navy blue, white, and a little bit of green. Not too loud of the color pick, and I love it's way of simplicity yet unique and elegant.

Real Wedding: May 3rd, 2008

Ceremony: Presido Main Post Chapel
Let's start with a fresh greeny look at the Chapel and the bride's elegant bouquet.



Reception: Legion of Honor


This is something I got to show!! Their yummy wedding favors wrapped in the beautiful Japanese gift paper. (small little thing to touch up the tone)


And here we go! A cake that showed the color scheme very well. Who said the cake has to be fully decorate?? One of my favorite parts throughout the day! This is really a great example of simplicity with an unique touch to make this cake so outstanding. Great work from Carolyn at Carolyn Wong Cakes and gorgeous flowers of the day provided by Michael Daigian.


From the front close-up


A stunning shot from Ann to end the special day!!
Outside of the Legion of Honor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cake! It doesn't look like one in the first glance.

But it's an elegant wedding!