Monday, May 19, 2008

Encouragement!

Today I received an email from my upcoming bride and it's an update between her conversation with florist:

"I spoke to Maki last week and it went very well, she is very helpful. She also mentioned she is so glad you contacted her, she said she is usually the one calling the wedding coordinators!"

I know every wedding consultant has their own style to do things, and I can only speak for myself here. Yes, as it comes closer to the wedding day, once I received all the information I need from clients, I will go ahead to contact the hired vendors to first introduce myself, telling them that I'm so-and-so wedding consultant and second, to schedule a phone conference with them to discuss further about the clients wedding. This way, if the vendors didn't know the clients hired a wedding consultant, they can then find out if this for real, and I think it's always the nice way to give them a head-up, I will be in contact for them. During phone conference, I will go over the wedding information as well as the timing issue so that I can gather all information before creating the timeline. What I usually do is, I will prepare all the information and timeline on our wrap up meeting so that once everything is set, I can send it to vendors ahead of time, and this is why my clients no need to worry about if the vendors know what to do or what time to be there. I'll surely do the confirm before wedding. Since I'm hired by the clients, why would I wait to be contacted and do what a professional wedding consultant should do?

Ofter time I will receive comment like this, and this is very encouraging and this is why I want to be flexible on my time to work with vendors and provide my best to my client. :)

No comments: